Call For Abstracts
GOBS 2020 – Open until 20 December 2019
Global Offshore Brazil Summit invites you to be a part of one of the industry’s most respected technical programs; submit your technical abstract today! A formal written paper is not required, simply fill out the form below.
|The Global Offshore Brazil Summit:
Engages key members of the Deepwater oil and gas community by providing a stage for world-class presentations focused on Technology, Projects, Finance and Strategy. The technical program works together with the focused exhibition and valuable networking opportunities to create an environment conducive to gaining knowledge on the long-term viability of Brazil’s deep offshore.
- All Pertinent Abstracts should address pertinent technology, projects or financing topics in Brazil’s prolific Deepwater oil and gas developments.
- Abstract topic should be original and current.
- Abstracts should focus on the technical elements or application of the chosen topic, not the commercial aspects of a company’s offerings – commercial abstracts will not be accepted.
- To enable the Program Committee to judge each abstract adequately, please provide a comprehensive abstract containing a brief description of the proposed presentation, relevant application of information to the Deepwater market and high level observations and conclusions.
- It is encouraged that project-related abstracts be co-authored by the oil company involved in the project.
- Any proposed presentation must get all necessary approvals prior to submitting an abstract. If approval issues remain outstanding at time of submission, please note those for review.
Technical Topics and Themes:
- Macro Industry Topics & Trends (value creation, collaboration, new ways of working, contracting strategy, allocation of risk, lower break-evens, finance, equipment leasing, legal & regulatory)
- Leveraging Brazil’s Supply Chain to New Frontiers (Guyana, Argentina, Colombia)
- Subsurface, Well & Drilling Technology and Assets (well design + completions, rigs, standardized well architecture)
- Subsea Technologies (Architecture, standardization, production, processing, monitoring, umbilicals, power, IMR, etc.)
- Pipelines, Flowlines and Risers (steel, flexibles, leak detection and prevention, flow assurance, configuration, etc.)
- Floating Production Systems (novel technologies, case studies, FLNG, gas-to-power, mooring solutions, turrets, topsides design, etc.)
- Marine Construction (installation, offshore construction, fleet opportunities/challenges, etc.)
- HSE-Health, Safety & Environment (How? What Role? Does HSE Play in the Upturn?) Please address one or more of the following: Is Industry losing experience and knowledge? What are solutions for this? HSE Effects on: Drilling & Production Operations; Asset Integrity; Safety Response/Recovery; Incident Mitigation; Simulators for emergency situations; Vessel operations.
- Renewable Energy (focus on offshore wind, wave, currents; offshore solar and offshore storage)
Notification of Acceptance
You will be notified of your acceptance into the technical program in early December 2019.
You will have two (2) weeks from when the acceptance e-mail is sent to confirm your participation.
If we do not receive your confirmation after a follow-up e-mail, we will assume you are no longer interested in participating in the program.
Technical Program Format
Upon final approval of the technical program, each accepted speaker will be contacted. Full speaker guidelines will be provided at that time. Please see below for initial information.
- Each speaker is given 15-20 minutes to speak (presentations are to be limited to 15-20 slides).
- Time for Q&A with audience is not included in the 15-20 minutes and should not be considered additional available time to speak.
- Proceedings (Adobe PDF Files) are gathered prior to the event and distributed at the event.
- No technical paper is required
- Rough drafts of presentations are required two weeks prior to the event and vetted by session chair(s) to ascertain guidelines have been adhered to.
- Slido.com will be used for audience response and each speaker is welcome to submit up to 3 poll (multiple choice, true/false, agree/disagree) questions to be asked before they present to set the scene for their presentation (these are to elicit options, not quiz the audience on a presentation).
We would like to thank you for your interest in being part of our superior technical programs. The growing success of Gulf Quest Events are due, in large part, to the high-caliber expertise brought to the event by our presenters. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at +1 (281) 491-5900 (USA), +55 21 2512 2741 (Brazil), or email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in Rio de Janeiro, 3-4 March 2020!